PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gretchen Burrett to leave NATS
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 09:19
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alfaman
It's disappointing that certain people still feel the need to talk about apportioning blame
It was me that mentioned apportioning blame. Pity you seemed to miss the tone of the post, which was light. How you missed the though I don't know.

Chevvron

Why should anyone in senior management posts in NATS have to have a background in ATC or even aviation? Whether we like it or not (I don't), NATS is a business now... fact.

As such I'd rather have people at the helm who will steer that business through the stormy waters of recession etc and make sure it is still here for me in 15 or 20 years. The fact that I don't always agree with the way they do it is why I am a memebr of the union because I would hope that negotiation would take place.

Leave senior management to manage the processes of running a big business - that includes the head honcho of safety (who actually had aviation experience if you read her blog).

God knows, the ATCOs who have progressed to middle and upper management within NATS regularly get slated by the people on the shop floor for their ineptitude at being managers etc. Maybe having outside experts at the top is a good idea.