PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make our Profession prestigious again
Old 8th Jan 2010, 09:11
D O Guerrero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despegue - you clearly don't know much about modern pilot training. It's not easy, I don't care what you say. If you visited a modern integrated course you would see the dedication and hard work that goes into achieving a frozen ATPL. 6 months full time groundschool - followed by at least 12 months flying training - all unpaid ("Daddy's money" is a rarity in my experience). Would you do it? It is bloody hard work frankly. Yes there are question banks, but they do not help with all the exams. You still need hard work and study to achieve the results. Many people complete these courses with a background of financial and family problems and they do so in a thoroughly professional way. The flying training is also not easy and is not completed by a large number of people who are chopped at all stages of the training. You know as well as I do that passing a multi-IR is no mean feat especially when its done on some antiquated bucket with no modern equipment. THEN you have to find a job, again not easy. Many people do not get through sim-checks etc because their flying skills are simply not upto it. Once you have a job you have to pass the TR - with a background only on (at best) light twins, it is a major achievement to get through it with a first time pass and then complete line training.
Stop blaming other people for your own problems. The dedicated youngsters who aspire to be airline pilots should be applauded, not put down. You should be ashamed of yourself.