PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 08:28
BOAC4ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Flight Information

All airports flight information screens (replicated on the web-site) that I have had working knowledge of are updated by the Ground Handler whomever that may be dependant upon the Airline you are looking for.

The simple fact of the matter is, whilst we would all love the information screens to be 100% correct and up-to date 100% of the time, during operational circumstances such as we have seen over the recent week or so, there are frankly more pressing 'behind the scene issues' than constantly tapping away on info systems.

If Ground Handlers were not ready to take diverted A/C or an A/C had to divert elsewhere due to poor preparation or lack of operational staff, and the reason was that they had to take their 'eye off the ball' to update info screens, this to say the very least would not go down very well.

All areas of society are having to prioritise and get on with essentials, Airports and Airlines are no different, and actually it always amazes me just how well (with very few exceptions) this is done. Well done all