PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment with Susi Air?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 19:25
A330ETOPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't bother. Complete waste of time. I went out there last year which cost me £1,200 for 2 days. Sat around waiting to be collected from the site for 3hrs after a 1.5hr taxi ride from Jakarta airport. Got dropped at an accommodation block in the pitch black & rain, with no instructions as of where my room was etc. Had to find my way back to the main reception, and about an hour later somebody came back to get me (that spoke English this time). Next day, i went for the interview. I was very dissapointed that the gentleman interviewing me had no interest as to what i was saying, and was typing away on his laptop right through the 5 minute 'chat'. After i finished telling him about myself, he then asked me 2 questions, both which i had already covered which proved that he didn't have any interest at all. After that, i had the compass tests. I was expecting the compass advanced, but was just the basics (that you'd do to get into a training school). After these it was apprx 100 question (not multi choice) on aircraft tech. Every single question was written word for word from 'Ace the pilot Tech' (or whatever it is). That wasn't too bad (considering i had read the book inside out on the flight over). Also included were a few local SID's & STAR's which weren't too challenging. Just a bit hard to read due to the bad copies.

I was asked to come back the next day at 7am. At 9am, the same person turned up and asked me what i was doing. Obviously i explained that i had been asked to arrive there at 7am. I was then told that all of my assessment had been completed the day before and that i would recieve some contact within a few weeks.

This was back in March 09, and after numberous emails & phone calls to the company, i still haven't heared a thing which is very dissapointing after the money i spent getting to jakarta for the assessment.

I hope that my experience has given you an insight as to what i experienced. I'm not saying whoever goes out there will see the same, but just be warey

A330Etops