PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 19:09
colegate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just looked at the Gatwick Airport Flight Information site. What a complete shambles. Surely a web site is a good way to impart information to everyone, including potential travellers like me. Some fights are shown as having planned departures several hours ago. Why? Do not the mangement of this airport realise that updating information is vital. Gatwick is the only airport to have major disruptions today. There is no weather reason, so it must be the management of this place that is responsible.

Incidentally this airport was bought by new investors recently. BAA no longer has any involvement in the place. So why do the insolent security staff continue to wear BAA uniforms? And why do these staff continue to issue instructions such as "Belts off" "Shoes off" Not a please, sir or madam amongst them when I passed through recently.

I was hoping to go to Gatwick tomorrow(Friday) but there is still no clue as to whether there will be any flights to there.

I was there just before Xmas (Dec 21) The runway closed at 1510 but there was no announcement over the loudspeaker system for just over 2 hours. Doesnot this management shambles realise that they have customers? Those customers deserve to be treated in a civil way. After all eeveyone of them is paying a high price to use this place?

No, I don't think Gatwick's management care as long as thay can go on "managing" their shopping arcades. Sad but in a competitive world they will have to learn the hard way that they must improve on their dismal performance. Next time I am adrressed by a security operative who is calling me "sir" I will realise that someone has done something about this miserable place. I fully expect, however, that I might have to wait until well into the next decade.