PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2010, 00:52
1a sound asleep

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you read the articles in the press it seems that the Ryanir investors would like to water down their exposure by off loading shares and equity. Note that Ryan Air's Declan Ryan and Bill Franke quit the board and the airline this week announced a new chairman

An analyst at Standard & Poor's Equity Research in Singapore, said yesterday that investors were nervous about Tiger's competitive prospects, adding that a Jetstar-AirAsia deal could "cripple" the Singapore airline

Remember this is a new start airline that has never made a profit.

I do not apologize for disliking the way Tiger does business. Personally I don't think they have a profitable future in Australia. There is low cost overheads and then there is cut everything to the bare bones and contempt for passengers - It just doesn't fit in Australia.

The only way Tiger is filling planes is with very heavy discounting. There's clearly a boycott of Tiger by any regular air traveler. This has left Tiger with the bottom of the heap leisure passenger.

I have regularly followed Tiger's booking engine and they dont sell any where enough fares at high levels to ever make a sustained profit, IMO. Business passengers, which are needed in the Australia market to profit, will NOT travel with Tiger's arrogant attitude

And their arrogance is reflected in their attempt to float on the stock exchange with an order for 50 more brand new A320. I note their current fleet is just 7

Seriously have a good think before you buy any shares. Remember Compass folks?

Last edited by 1a sound asleep; 7th Jan 2010 at 01:26.