PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Cabin Crew Resignations.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 18:49
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I agree with you Phantom. This company always takes the most cost effective approach when it comes to human beings. They simply don't understand or even want to try to understand human nature.

I am not so concerned about 'where' the CC come from, but rather their quality. Let's face facts, a competent company could train almost any person to be a good CC (based on hiring criteria of course).

The problem with CC at Emirates, is not where they come from but rather the training they undergo. With all due respect to the few individuals in EK flight ops who recognize there is a serious problem in training of CC, there still exists a Lebanese Mafia, who don't think flight safety is their ultimate goal and they do their best to discourage interaction between pilots and CC.

Take a serious look at the trainers for CC and it is blatantly obvious they have their own self-interests in mind and they care as little about flight safety as OUR bosses do.

I might add, that if we pilots were 25 years old and were indoctrinated by the morons at EGHQ working as cabin crew trainers, we all would believe that crap too.

I think it is wise to behave properly as a Captain and instill confidence and mutual respect with the crew. It is not rocket science..... treat people properly and things usually work out... although this is contrary to EK policy.

Our CC have a tough job. As THEIR boss, I feel it is my responsibility to support them and that is part of my pre-departure brief. Then again, I also make it clear when someone behaves poorly, they ultimately have to answer to me.... and not just the Purser.

I believe it is in OUR best interests to support our cabin crew because utimately it helps flight safety. Other than that, I don't give a rats ass to be honest.

ps. eagerly awaiting WhiteKnights nonsensical response, haha.