PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Crew fatigue
Thread: EK Crew fatigue
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 16:19
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only way to get these crazy rostering practices and illegal variations stopped, is to file fatigue related ASR's.

There are zero repercussions for filing a fatigue ASR and you don't even have to fill out the online fatigue management questionnaire if you don't feel like it. I've never been questioned why I don't spend an hour filling out the stupid thing.

And if you request it, you can get 5 days off without question.

At a normal airline, pilots would be filing fatigue ASR's much more frequently, but the bar has been set so low here, it's almost as if we EXPECT to be fatigued when we are landing at 0600 after being awake for 15 hours.

As I mentioned earlier, not only are the number of ASR's important, but the percentage of Fatigue related ASR's as compared to other ASR's is also considered. In other words, we must stop filing ASR's that are not required according to the FOM. As a 'cover your ass' technique, mention whatever occured on the VR, so no one can suggest you are trying to cover up some event. It is sad that we have to think that way, but EK has instilled that in us.

Fatigue related ASR's are the ONLY avenue of recourse at this company. Our bosses have clearly indicated they don't believe Rostering, crazy pairings, variations and manning levels are a safety issue. They cannot be expected to think it might be a health issue either, that is about a half century away for this lot.