PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Invasion of the Body Scanners
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 10:02
Sir George Cayley

When I was younger and flying more often, I used to love the whole airport thing, the romance of flying, the excitement prior to boarding. As a red blooded male with a penchant for females in uniform, I was in heaven

You can see where this is going

I wonder what procedures Transec will put in place for males showing a reluctance to be scanned? And what about the operator?

OK, silly I know, but that's my take on the whole charade. Has any viable device under the control of an active terrorist ever been detected through a random x-ray? The pax on the 330 probably felt reasssured by the security they went through at AMS - wonder what they think now?

So body scanners are installed making life that bit more difficult. Terrorists have already taken to having explosives surgically inserted inside their bodies; will they be detected? Or will everyone with a post op scar now have to go through extra checks?

No, it ain't over by a long chalk (I nearly said 'till the fat Mullah sings' but that would be politically incorrect, so I didn't)

Sir George Cayley