PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Invasion of the Body Scanners
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2010, 08:22
tocamak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cynics

The body scanners that I have been through recently have the main problem of being slower than the walk-through detectors but no doubt they will be further developed. They are certainly not as intrusive as some of the pat-downs I have had to endure.

To the cynics, and particularly Vmike and ExSpdb1rd, you are very quick to rubbish any attempts to take some action and seem to take it as a personal affront to your way of life.
Vmike comes out with:-
might be forgiven for wondering whether the security industry knew this guy was coming and decided to let him through
On what basis do you make this assertion and are you really serious? You meet people like you all the time who have to see conspiracy everywhere and no doubt you get
frisked down everytime he goes to work at the airport by a nasty little jobsworth
as part of this overall conspiracy

Presumably the nasty little jobsworth is a different person from time to time (unless truly someone has a personal vendetta against you).

Waste of time, the bad boys will do exactly what they want to do, precisely when they want to do it - regardless of any measures
Well events tend not to back that up unless the "bad boys" have decided not to bother too much. Do you imply that nothing at all should be done to thwart any attacks.

Security at airports is here to stay but the challenge is for it to be at a level that can work and be acceptable given the time it adds to the process of getting through the airport. In my view profiling does have it's place and goes on anyway. The general public seem to be accepting of the measures and certainly the majority would prefer advances in technology rather than some of the cynics answers.