PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strife at BAC
Thread: Strife at BAC
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2002, 19:32
Hap Hazard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pedroalpha and JW411, no matter what your views on paying for type ratings are, one things certain, with BAC they will sure as hell make sure they will come out on the winning end as far as money is concerned.
They have always been a cut throat outfit as far as costs have been concerned.
Bottom line is if you have 15k to spend and you are willing to chance it then go ahead, personally I would expect some levels of guarantee's, which I dont think you are going to get.
I agree with JW411, why are we paying up front for the privilege(?) to work for these people?
If BAC wanted to be really fair, then why not just bond as normal, or failing that pay back the 15k over 3 years?
The reason.....because they can.
Its a tough call for those who have yet to find that first job, tougher when you pay up and dont get what you expect...not that I would expect to happen, but it does have a big element of risk involved with all the cards stacked in BAC's favour, if indeed this is what they are doing.
Be careful....
Last time I had anything to do with BAC, Mike Forsyth was at the helm, tough customer who drives his staff, otherwise a friendly enough company....dont under estimate their abilty to be around in another 10yrs, they are a bit like the cockroaches of the aviation world....they will survive where others fail....as long as Royal Mail keep them in the air!