PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHFNI Stories!
Thread: SHFNI Stories!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 05:32
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who was the tw@t who, on his first weekend, showed his ID to some birds in a pub just to prove he really was a pilot?
Second only to the guy who in 2 years never (at ground level) left the wire once. What a waste.

For me the high point of several Dets/Tours was finding a 3 year old toddler that had gone walkabout assumed drowned near Belleek. Little lad was found 1.5 miles (of thick forest) from where he and his dogs had left his mum sleeping in a car in a lochside car park. Within 30 mins of a succesfull outcome I watched a local flicking us the 'Vees' with no idea of what we had just done for the wider community and without any predujice.

Low point was deploying to Lockerbie within hours of the 747 crash. Especially as I had arrived in Province with 14 crates of wobblie and told I would not be flying until Boxing Day. Probably just as well that the morning after the night before was influenced by the night before

I think this sums up my work there quite well, much mundane routine work but when it got interesting it was to an extreme.