PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 rejected take off YMML
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 20:45
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Firstly, I don't blame the pilots at all.

The point is that the Qantas AOC is issued on the basis that Qantas is supposed to supply REGULAR Public Transport.

Now we all know that aircraft break, and I know from my own experience that there is always something broken on any aircraft all the time, just not the critical bits. I also know about teething troubles and infant mortality in electrical and other systems. I am also aware that the old excuse "The light came on just after we took off" is no longer usable in an environment with continuous data recording, and things always fail at the most inconvenient times.

I can even put up with a bit of "yield management" provided I'm told with enough time to reschedule.

However, the cavalier attitude to despatch reliability of certain posters here gets my goat, and if that attitude is wide spread in Qantas, then God help you. Your flagship aircraft has just disappointed 300+ pax, many of whom will now dissuade their nearest and dearest from having anything further to do with your airline, and you treat their concerns with scorn?

Charming.