PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Oz Firing Up
Thread: V Oz Firing Up
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 03:50
coaldemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Krusty I do enjoy your glass half full outlook on life.

I know one Virgin pilot who has almost a million shares in VB bought near the bottom. He is currently sitting on a substantial capital gain so as the smarter investors know it is the price you buy assets for that makes you the big money. People can carry on about what was the price 5 years ago (for quite a lot of companies on the ASX) but it all comes down to when you bought them.

There will be no DECs employed this year externaly to the Virgin Group for VA according to management and there will be probably some promotions. THe DEC's were a required thing for the start up phase exactly the same as Jetstar's A330 operation. Redjet hit the nail on the head with where VA is. It is a startup no matter what anyone on this forum says whilst Qantas has had decades to put their T&Cs in place. THis is exactly why Jetstar was born although no reference is made to their conditions in reference to VA. I find the numbers quoted on here for Qantas interesting as none of my friends in the left seat on the 76 or A330 are doing anywhere near the "accurate" numbers put on this website.

Enjoy the rest of the glass half empty.