PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe flotation
Thread: Flybe flotation
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2010, 00:34
AKAFresh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This talk of 'be glad to have a job' is just going over kill these days. Yes we are all thankful to be in a current post considering the climate but this does mean we cant be in a position to work towards improving conditions. In bad times the excuses are its not the right time and in the good times there are plenty more to resist the need to improve.

Lets face the reality of the matter here with regards to the airline, this company has been criticised for TnCs for many years. Yes they are improving but considering what they were before might explain the fact why they are improving in the first place.

The company does not do enough for loyalty and thats why so may have left in the past, the simple fact is they do not intend to reward you for your loyalty. This may have worked before when the airline was small but now considering its size, how can this be the case?

I like working for this airline and do believe that TnCs are on the up but theres along way to go and just because of the current climate we cant just be ready to stop all talk of improvement. We can understand the reasons behind why certain improvements cant be made due to financial or current market conditions but when the time comes and the industry gets out of this low, the agreement for improvement will be ever stronger in those good times.

I completely respect and understand the view point and hardships of our colleagues without jobs of which some I personally know off myself but lets not disrespect our own livelihood's, job and skills at the same time. No disrespect but those that say if you don't like it go elsewhere because someone else would be more grateful to have your job. Let me ask you this; if you/they had a job with another airline would you really care about my TnCs? I don't think in truth you would, instead you would be looking at your own TnCs and how it effects you.

We as crew have worked hard along with others in the company to bring this airline to its current position we therefore have the right to work towards improving our working conditions no matter what the climate. We want to be here when the times are good and bad hence why we want the improved TnCs for the long run.

Those that say if you don't like it leave, its simply not as easy as that, they need to understand many of us like to continue working for the airline but if loyalty and improvement are not rewarded or improved then with regret that maybe the end result.

If we the employees don't look to improve conditions then who will? We are all grateful to have a job but its our responsibility to improve TnCs in our airline because it wont be done by those in other airlines or those without jobs.

Aka.