PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocypria Airlines LTD Incident EPKT 2009-11-09
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 15:41
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The version I have just found on-line seems to indicate that your paragraph was copied from non-precision section of App to 1.430. Needless to say the CAT I paragraph says pretty much the same with exempt of (x).

The vague principles for required visual reference at (M)DA for NPAs and CAT I are based on one very important premise. That being the RVR is 550 or more (nee 300!).

Only then, one could decide to continue with only one distinctly visible and identifiable cue knowing that further down the approach the visual field will expand enabling the pilot to see clearly for the flare, touchdown, and rollout even with simple light facilities. Unlike the (most demanding - no HUD) CAT II manual where lateral and longitudal elements are mandatory at the decision for the sole purpose of making the last seconds of flight and subsequent landing possible for Mk1 eyeball at all.

Yours, FD
(the un-real)

BOAC: You indicate Appendinx (NEW) to OPS 1.430 but the text within still has MDA/H for NPAs. Out of sheer curiousity shouldn't that be DA/H? See, we still operate App (OLD) so I am clueless here...