PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Puma Gearbox Checks
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 18:46
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
SCOTSHELI,

Blaming "Someone" for an accident (with the exception of the nutter shouting "Geronimo" and pushing the cyclic at the sea) is beyond simplistic.

This thread was assumed to be closely linked to the PUMA Nigerian Ditching, maybe it is an unrelated issue to the ALERT INSPECTION fix described here in this thread (or is it!!!)

All accidents start with a root cause and probably some contributary factors. What I want is a quick interim report to suggest what may have caused the accident, ie no mechanical failure, or yes we the crew deliberatley ditched due to "X" happening in the final stages of the approach.

Whether you like it or not, there are two walking talking crewmembers in the Nigerian Incident who I suspect know the prime causal factor if not the underlying cause.

With a handle like SCOTSHELI, I guess you are employed on the NS, and if that is the case AND you fly the AS332 family you are you really happy to have to wait over a year for official reports to be released (as we are still waiting for the JSAR report).

I do not want to blame anyone, I simply do not want to have the same thing happen to me, even if it is a crew issue!!!!!

I can always count on a two-bit gob-sh**te to cry "Blame Blame" whenever anyone on these forums presses for answers. Or if not doing that, slagging off the press for doing their job!!

Its attitudes like yours that allow Commercial Operators, and/or Manufacturers to delay findings so long that the impact of the original issue, and therefore the need to properly fix the problem, are severely diluted.

I suggest you remove your head from the sand (if you are a NS jockey) and see the real issues here.

DB