PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus IAD-MAD
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 16:38
heykiddo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apaddyinuk

The civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) controlled what an airline could charge for a flight. As such airline wages began to rise to extremely high levels in the late 70's. Reagan disbanded the CAB and opened American skies to competition. Airlines began to set there own prices and the skies opened to all kinds of discount airlines. What is happening today is directly related to the elimination of the CAB and the condition of US airlines is a direct result of that single act.

You don't know the future, and the last time I checked no one does. You think that I must be naive simply because I don't agree with you. After all you KNOW better. You are a EUROPEAN. You USED to work for Aer Lingus. You act like you are the font of knowledge coming down from on high to impart your wisdom to the poor unknowing masses of the world. Maybe you will be right about what will happen on the other hand maybe you will be wrong. You might think about having a little humility. No one knows the future.......... not even you.