PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Jobs
Thread: Jet2 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 12:04
hongkongfuey01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea me to. They offered me FO, 757 ,LBA, 70 % permanent deal with perhaps the chance of 100 % after the Summer.

For me though, I couldn't accept it. I am lucky enough to already have a job ( which is full time / permanent ) ,so I could not justify risking no work in the winter. Also, I could not survive on such a salary decrease on the 70 % deal either.

It's a real shame, because from what I saw and talking to the people I met at the interview, it seemed a friendly Airline to work for. It would have got me home to West Yorkshire aswell. I still can't believe that I had to turn it down.

If I had known that the only contract on offer was 70 %, I wouldn't have bothered filling in the application form, only because I knew I couldn't take a cut in salary. Maybe they will start offering full time , permanent positions in the future, who knows.

I understand that there are many Pilots who have applied to Jet2 without jobs at the moment. I wish you all the best and hope all goes well for the future.

Take care.