PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Scruffy Bu**ers!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 05:12
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqwak

Good post and I agree with you on a number of points. The problem still remains though that we don't have 100% of the pilots who think the way you do and until that happens we'll always vulnerable to what's happened in the past. Those who decided that the AOA could no longer represent their views and either quit or defected did nothing but weaken our negotiating position and that still remains the case today.

So stop thinking you can make up for your lack of professionalism and dignity by putting on a silly hat or jacket
So are you saying that those who are smartly dressed are unprofessional or are not prepared to defend our professional standing? The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Beta

I have the empty bank account to prove my 5% contribution to my profession and the protection of my contract.
So what? Has it achieved anything other than to allow you to write the above comment? Seriously, if it has you have to let me know because I'd be interested to find out how your contract is better than mine.

....will talk with you but not walk with you....
I've heard that somewhere before and when we were all walking together 49 guys were fired because we then lived in a place with skewed labour laws. Maybe times are changing and instead of all this bloody "my d*ck's bigger than yours" nonsense that it appears that most contributors to this forum seem to relish, we should make every effort to get some sort of unity going so that we at least have a chance of fighting our corner.

Anyway, after all of that, I wear my uniform as smartly as the shoddy quality will allow (as someone else said, bring back W W Chan) and I try to be as professional as I can and I try my best to defend our professional standing.

STP