PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Scruffy Bu**ers!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 02:36
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of you that talk about wearing the uniform "with pride" were probably the first spineless bunch to sign up for SLS and the first ones to believe the lies that are told to you on a daily basis. You keep quoting how many have worn this uniform with pride and that we have professionalism to uphold. The people who wore the uniform before you and actually stood up for the profession would spit in your face after the sad performance you have delivered when faced with adversity (49ers, COS08, SLS). People who risked their jobs and stood at the front line would be ashamed to call you lot their "collegues". Don't think that because you wear your uniform all neat and according to Vol 1 that you have even a fraction of professionalism. Your actions are what define you, not your dress.

I tell you what lets me walk with pride. Knowing that I do not run away with my tail between my legs when faced with a challenge to uphold my profession. Knowing that I did not take SLS nor will I ever until I see honesty from my leaders. Knowing that I show up to my checkrides well prepared to do my job - not prepared to stroke that particular checker's ego. I also know that I do not work for free and that time spent with my family is very valuable to me, way more than a G-day callout or a roster disruption. I might not wear my hat or my coat when it is too hot, but I certainly have no problem walking with my head held high. I doubt a lot of you can say the same.

Clothes don't make a man (or a woman). So stop thinking you can make up for your lack of professionalism and dignity by putting on a silly hat or jacket (regardless of wether it is a uniform or a suit). Grow a pair and start acting professional regardless of how you look. That will do much more to improve your self image than just looking the part.