PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Scruffy Bu**ers!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2010, 09:48
Near Miss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In part I have to agree. I wear my uniform whenever I am in view of the public, ie the terminal. As soon as I am on the train, the tie, epaulettes, etc all come off or another jumper goes on. I have seen guys wearing their jacket, undone and without a tie. It does look weird and unprofessional.
Yes the uniform is not the best, but is it all the poor company can afford. I have even had my jacket tailored privately as it was so poorly fitted (I don't think the company tailor did anything to it regardless of how many times I took in back), and I am considering doing the same with the pants and shirts.
As for me wearing the jacket because the captain does, well, why can't I decide if I am hot or cold? Like others have said, it is very difficult when flying with based guys as to what they are going to do. Summer here, winter there, and vis versa. There are even some that wear it regardless of if it is cold simply because they didn't want to iron their shirt. I am a grown adult, I can make my own decisions about if I will wear my jacket. Oh wait a minute. I am not supposed to think apparently.
I do not agree with the timing and intent of the NTC though. I feel like there are more pressing matters to write about. Reminds me of a old Sergeant or something. When moral is down, or things are bad, he would give the old "grooming standards" treatment as a means to redirect focus.