PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Scandal
Thread: AAC Scandal
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2002, 22:56
Eight Eights Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen Aviators,

All this tit for tat about transfers is a load of codsWALLOP. The AAC are canny and ruthless, that is why they won't badge you straight away. they give you 3 years to prove yourself and if you ain't good enough then it is Arreverderchi. I have flown with lots of peeps and it is true when people say,
"How the hell did they get through Middle Wallop."
Well that question remains unanswered but they do, that is why after three years when their true colours are identified they are sent back to whatever they were probably better at. In my case I was obviously better at flying coz I was transferred at the first attempt and then subsequently promoted by the AAC.

For those of you with difficulty in slang terms I have identifled a few for you below:

REDCAP----RMP (Royal Military Policeman/woman) it was on the telly
SNOWDROP----Person who believes that he has the power of a policeman. Usually seen on gate sentry at most RAF bases.
BLEEP----Royal Signals Personnel
TOMS----Private Soldiers
GODS----LYNX PILOTS
FLOPPIES----Gazelles or Gazelle Pilots
CRABS----Annoying creatures that walk sideways and strut around the beaches with pompous attitudes. Also associated with the Royal Air Force
GROUNDIES----Personnel who push and pull and refuel cabs and get no recognition for it
AAC----An organisation that is proud of its history, works all the hours that god sends without complaining, always produces the goods when it is needed, nuff said.