PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Oz Firing Up
Thread: V Oz Firing Up
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 22:41
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is alot of talk about "sitting in GA with no option of getting out". This seems very strange to me as I started in GA when there really was nothing. With a little patience and persistence everyone eventually moved onto better jobs. It was hard but not THAT hard (particularly in 07!).

I must say though that there was no option to sit in the back of a 777 back then so its hard to tell what individuals would have done given the chance. Personally I wanted and sought the experience and didn't apply for Domestic Airlines for a long time. Walking around in a shiny uniform with badges and pins wasn't my first priority learning how to do the job was.

Management are not "SCUM" for offering low wages thats part of what they do for a living people! Its up to groups of employees saying yes or no to the deal. Management are "SCUM" when they don't stick to signed EBA's by playing with weak points and grey areas. Pilots that vote during EBA's for poor conditions are "SCUM". As for chosing to work for a place where the conditions are already in place then each to their own.

Correct me if I'm wrong but negotiations are underway for a VA EBA right now aren't they? Could anyone provide any insight?

I'm interested to see the next episode. Where will the junior Cruise FO's get the experience? VB ejet? Right seat 777? The guys at Jetstar were made into 330 FO's so it has been done before. Can anyone recall what Cruise FO's were paid when Jetstar had them on the 330?

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 31st Dec 2009 at 00:53.