Thread: YAK 52
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 20:06
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vatican69
Forgive my simple mind...what does the star represent?

How many in your syndicate? Does that give you guys much of a slush fund?

Do the rest of my ball park figure seem reasonable to you?

What sort of cost can we look at for type training, where is it best to go for the afore mentioned?

Cheers
"*" means "multiplied by".

i.e.working on an average fuel burn of 80 litres an hour, if the pump price was £1 a litre, the rate would be £130 an hour - the formula was put in place a while ago, when the price was a lot closer to £1 than it is now.

10 in the syndicate, with a 40% BA contingent, split 50/50 Airbus/Boeing. We try to keep the Airbus quotient below 30%, in case they try to vote through a motion to move the stick to the side console and put a picnic table in the middle. Apparently, if the BA membership of the group reaches 60%, Willie Walsh has rights to an additional EGLL-EGLM slot.

Your costings are realistic, but as above, be prepared for the occasional shock bill and inevitable cash-call.

In terms of conversion, no-one knows the Yak-52 better than Gena, and you *do* need to experience the accelerated flat-spin, ideally with him in the back seat. Obviously, the Yak-52 was conceived as a basic trainer, but in an environment where failure was at best dealt with harshly. It has corners of the envelope that will, not entirely figuratively speaking, tear your arms off and beat you to death with the soggy ends. We also have a couple instructors at White Waltham who have a lot of experience on type who can help with the conversion process - feel free to PM me for names.

As for the Gorilla - I'm not taking cr@p about my pie consumption from someone who caused Airbus to have to rework all of the flight dynamics code when it became clear the C of G of an A318 could indeed be moved to the left (and 10 feet behind the nosecone) when he swapped seats.