PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Oz Firing Up
Thread: V Oz Firing Up
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 06:56
Dragun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you think 54K is below the poverty line you're mad - it maybe below the average wage but it's no where near the poverty line!

54K (plus allowances) to fly a brand new jet with hopes of career prospects in a large airline group vs 35K flying a 30 year old Cessna around the traps with little hope of progession in some backward run GA outfit - gee it's a tough choice....

Now those of you who are QF skippers can slam me all you want but times have changed -it's easy for you to say it's a bad deal sitting up front of your shiney jet earning $200K+ a year....

Now where do I apply....
You make me sick. You personify the reason why our industry's terms and conditions are on a downhill slide from previous years. Don't lie and talk yourself into thinking you're not because it's people like you who accept this filth that ruin it for the rest of us and will continue to aid the degradation in years to come.

For the record, I did apply for V Australia and actually had a chuckle when I was read out the terms and conditions over the phone. When asked "So do you want to proceed with your application?" I bluntly answered, "No thank you. Those terms and conditions are way below what I would expect any B777 tech crew to be offered, whether for a cruise FO position or not. Unless they improve significantly, I'm sorry but I'm not interested." Was it rude? No - it was honest. He really had no answer and guess what would've happened if morons like you and everyone else had've said the same thing?

Go back to your $54K hole and enjoy eating maggi noodles for the rest of your life.