PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada to US. NO carry on bags allowed
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 02:57
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "I have no problem with traveling in a paper bathrobe, with all my stuff checked, and my clothes checked, and my glasses held in escrow by that cabin attendant with the fuzzy face. PROVIDED the airline doesn't tell me on arrival that my Armani and Nikon and Rolex have got thiefrowed.
I don't think checking pro cameras or laptops is really an option anymore, with a 1% "loss" rate on luggage per flight, anyone taking 10 trips a year (20 flights) is basically uninsurable.
The issues with carry-ons are a direct result of the refusal of the airlines to deal with the unreliability of the checked luggage pipeline.
Edmund"

Checked bags should be tracked by bar code and signed for by responsible persons from check in at the departure airport through all transfers and stages to final collection by the rightful owner at the destination airport. The owner/pax would have to provide ID to ensure that the bags are not taken by someone else. There might be objections to this from those who profit from or are part of a baggage theft ring!