PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super New UK RT Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 02:33
Halfbaked_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say, I'm in agreement with the previous two posts, and even now it feels 'odd' requesting a traffic service where I would have normally requested a RIS, or a basic service as opposed to a FIS etc... I know it's not strictly speaking the same, but... oh, errr, yes it is really!

Personally I don't see the need to fix something that's not broken, and to extend on one of the points above, there's an additional safety issue (in my view) that this introduces - it's all dry and fine that all us with CAA issued pilot's licences had a handy CD drop through our doors, but what about the thousands of foreign GA pilots who fly into the UK every year? I'm sure it's quite plausible that many, especially operating out of the smaller strips overseas, are used to the older system and are completely unaware of the new operating regime. Yes, they should be having a good look through the UK AIP before coming over, but let's be honest, how many times do you really read the overseas equivilant cover to cover before each and every trip abroad?!

I guess there's no point moaning, it's here to stay, but what's next?

Beginner's service, Orientation service and Anti-crash service?!