PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Oz Firing Up
Thread: V Oz Firing Up
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2009, 01:02
Equatorial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me what you like metrosmoker, just telling it how a lot of people see it. How many people took one look at the conditions on offer and told them to no thanks?

Obviously you have been sold on the story that the 'sacrifice' you have made will pay off in the long run. I hope it does. But why is it always a race to the bottom for conditions?

Ah yes, the shiny jet syndrome and companies will always play on the fact that pilots want to fly the newest and biggest.

I'd love to fly a brand new state of the art aircraft but not by selling myself out. Don't assume you know what I would think of other companies such as Qantas, Jetstar etc all companies have their pros and cons but the conditions at VOz are ordinary. Come on you must admit that you would not be happy with what you are on? If it is true that some cabin crew get paid more than crz f/o's then how many jokes are made by them on your conditions behind your back?

As Keg has said the grass isn't always greener, so if in say 2 yrs you head overseas I hope your quality of life is comparable to this land of ours and the sacrifice has been worth it