PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in short time around melbourne?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 23:28
YPJT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you saying that Aviation ID Australia have the ASIC ready and waiting for you, to be handed over the moment you are in the country?
Yesterday 15:07
g'day 172driver,
Technically that is what could and should happen. I know first hand of at least one instance where this occurred. The DIAC check is a very quick and simple process. The issuing body just goes online, puts in your passport details and voilla, the visa info and restrictions are displayed. You normally have to wait 24 hours after arrival in country though for the details to be available on the system. That is all there really is to it.
ASICs killed off a lot of overseas business for many operators. look up Goana air safaris to see what I mean. It didn't have to be that way and personally I think it can still be turned around.
I'm happy that you received a good result going through CASA however they are constrained by their own bureaucracy and the fact that they receive a lot of ASIC applications. Not to mention the fact that they have been known to give overeseas visitors confusing information regarding the ASIC requirements. There are other options such as Aviation ID Australia. The good thing is, ASICs are their core business and THere is also another company based in WA offering ASICs but not sure if they will process for overseas applicants.