PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUS GA- the state in 2015
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2009, 23:36
PA39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post Chimbu. I agree with what you say. If you talk it down (the industry) then it will go down. There will always be the "flying school", be it RAA or GA in general. there will ALWAYS be the WANT to fly. Nobody can predict tomorrow let alone what is going to be in place in 5 years time.

The interest in aviation is still strong. i was out at AF to see the old DC4 go and i can tell you it was amazing to see how many of the "public" were there to watch. It was like a mimi airshow, people walking through hangars to get airside, people who haven't even heard of an ASIC card, the road was chockers with traffic and people trying to find a parking space. I don't believe there was any advertising or public notices for the old girls departure (DC4). There will always be GA. The structure, and costs in 5 yrs are unknown. If we're not happy with the regulator or the system, get together and stand up and be counted, after all they are supposed to be representing you guys! Think positive and get off our arses and make it happen. (Off the soapbox now).