PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air
Thread: Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2009, 17:18
cumulustratus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!

I´ve been offered the position of B737 F/O with KAL and I am leaning towards accepting. I´m today with a large european carrier that everybody loves to hate, and I´d like to try something different since I´m still young enough to do it without risking too much.

Since I might end up commuting mostly to a city that is not part of the KAL pax ops network, I´d like to ask if anyone knows if I could get ID tickets through KAL to fly to my city from one of the KAL bases with LH, BA etc?

I´d also like some info from some of the B737 crew about atmosphere on layovers. Crew interaction? Go together for dinners etc. Or Korean CPT withdrawing immediately to his room and rest of crew spending night watching Korean TV?

For all who are thinking about applying:

The recruitment process went just as the agency and previous posters have adviced. No surprises. Our instructor even started the sim and left us alone to do some circuits on the rwy just to get a feel of the sim and to relax. He also let us do all procedures according to our present SOPs. Amazing! Nothing to advanced. Split flap landing, visual single engine, V1 cuts etc.

Thanks

CS