PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 17:28
mickjoebill

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
First Impressions

Some comments regarding my first Tiger flight with my family.
I have flown on many flights on Easy Jet and Ryanair since their inception and filmed Easyjet and Stelios in his startup phase

Back to Tiger
Fares were very cheap, cheap enough to factor an overnight stay if the aircraft departed a day late.

Selected own seats.

72 hours min notice to alter prebooked weight of baggage is a trap, there are options with set prices for 15kg 20kg and 30 kg.

New aircraft, local sounding pilots with good communication to passengers.

Outgoing flight left on time return flight left 10 minutes late.

Cabin crew appeared happy, cohesive and were considerate friendly and helpful to passengers, the most pleasant crew I have experienced in recent times.

Explanation of Over Wing Emergency Exits to passengers seated in that row was more detailed than I have ever heard.

Luggage retrieval setup in Melbourne arrivals "shed" is an extraordinary affair but in light of the low fares is an acceptable loss of comfort to save a few $$$. But no obvious help should one have oversize baggage that wouldn't easily fit through the cattle turn-style.

From this single flight Id say that their approach is better than Ryanair as their efforts to save a few $$$ is not in your face (for instance the seats do not have the plastic backs) and the staff don't seem to have developed contempt for their passengers, although this may come in time.

If Tiger can keep the respect for passengers we experienced they would do well.
Clear communication to passengers who are new to airline travel is key to reducing instances of unnecessary angst and public displays of disapproval that begin to fray the nerves of any passenger within earshot.

I'm planning a trip to Vietnam with Tiger for the family in 2010, total cost for 3 adults and one child return from Perth is under $1500 including taxes. This is cheap enough to be happy that the plane leaves (at any time) on the days of scheduled departure.

I hope they stay in business long enough for us to take advantage of their low fares and hope that cabin staff can continue the level of service that we experienced on our first flight with them.

Mickjoebill

Last edited by mickjoebill; 23rd Dec 2009 at 17:43.