PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHFNI Stories!
Thread: SHFNI Stories!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 10:51
PhamousPhotographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On The Water

VERTREPing the Navy in Carlingford (?) Loch
Off to Co. Down and Carlingford Lough. HMS Brecon, XR506’V’, Mac (The Piper), Bear S****, C**** M***** and T**** W*********.

As much fun as this thread is, we have reached a point to reflect. …….. and now we are talking photos.
As regards what I post here, I will always be grateful for the trust shown by all those who allowed me to record them at their ‘everyday’ work – the routine stuff that generally never gets snapped – and who were relaxed enough to pose for group shots. I would never put up those ‘face’ ones and any with possibly-identifiable aircrew / TSW / troops, etc will have their faces blurred. Same with names. Those who were there will cop on to initials / asterisks and nicknames, but outsiders won’t have a clue – so long as insiders don’t tell. As you say, Jayteeto, please, please keep the stories, but think. If general opinion is against photos, I’ll stop. Hope to see more from the Mill and that area FireAxe. In closing, I’ve ‘then & now’ scenes of former FOBs. Would today’s view of derelict sites spoil the memories?