PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Instructors, what's up with that?
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 09:27
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have to know the instructors to know that a student not going solo by 40 hours (5 hours above the entire course length) without some serious investigation and then being handed from instructor to instructor until they have nearly twice the cource length (in terms of hours) completed but not passed exercise 12/13 but had 7 instructors has been severely failed by the school. In such a case, they would easily get a vast part of their money back should the persue it.

Glad to hear that your child has been accomodated. Did you follow up the situation to ensure that the failing teacher received the appropriate retraining.........or is another student going to suffer the same situation?
You are of course quite correct that this needed serious investigation - who said this had not happened??? This particular student was one of the very few that I have come across who was advised, after investigation by the CFI (a CAA panel examiner and highly respected CFI who many came to for Instructor courses) and a number of different approaches to the problem, that he should not continue - he chose to, up to this point, as said, he had mainly flown with just a couple of instructors, he then ended up flying with other instructors, generally keeping the same instructor for 5 hour blocks or so, but this was very frustrating for the instructors to try much more than this.
As far as my daughters teacher goes, again, not a bad teacher for many children, but for some reason there was a personality clash, in my view not a requirement for training - this does happen in all kinds of schools.