PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 70% payrise on the way!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 08:16
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summary:

Emiratis working fer the government get a 70% uplift.

Emiratis (the scant few of 'em) in private sector don't. But they were on a higher pay scale since 2007 anyway. They are mildly affected, let's say.

Expatriates, who do all the fu&#ing work hereabouts get the square root of #@ck-all. And no profit share since there's now 100% taxation by government fiat as of 21 Dec 2009. Henceforth I'd like it to be called "Black Monday" for all Dubai expats.

Ladies an' Gents, this is a pretty serious blow to the financial advantages of expat life.

Rhetorically speakin' - If there's no profit share, what's the incentive to keep workin' economically? If it's jus gonna be the drudgery of paycheck to paycheck livin', what's the point a doin' it over here?

Single engine taxi, company fuel, optimum cruise levels in bumpy air (see the thread on the Durban mishap entitled Durban Landing (slight misnomer that 'un), I reckon' I've had enuff a this ****. The gloves 'er off.

Mrs Clark's little boy wrote a smug 'congratulatory' letter about 40,000 incident reports in a single year. Big deal. Jes another exercise in corporate flim-flammery. If it can't be monitored it can't be managed.That's a pile of buffalo ****! ALL THERE IS IS MONITORING AND DATA GATHERING. There's a total cognitive failure to act on any of those reports. They're not actually doing anything with the data. If he had any gonads at all he'd let us know the truth: Fatigue reports at Emirates Airline have not produced one single schedule change in 7 years of ultra-long haul flying. Zip,Nada,Zilch. The ONLY thing that was adjusted was the LAX, SFO, GRU, IAH night-stops were adjusted ta 48 hours from 24. Big &%$@in' deal... Hell, in any given week about 10% of those reports are because Cabin Crew injury resulted in a sore shoulder or broken nail... what a bunch a pussies. Utter corporate pathology.

Time to sack up.

Keep 'er safe amigos.