PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interviews!
Thread: Interviews!
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2002, 14:36
airborne1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all. Well I'm sort of stuck in the middle here. Having worked for Ansett as cabin crew and just hired by virgin as cabin crew I'm at a bit of a loss. Where do i fit in. Well for my two cents worth. Training school is the same! The expectations are the same...the cultures differ...different markets here. At the end of the day. I am an individual! I'm me. I love flying and really that is all it is about.

Those who want to rubbish ansett - I take offense.
Those who want to rubbish virgin - I also take offense.

Both airlines were and are unique in their own ways.

Change is the keyword here, and most people fear change, instead of embracing it. Exotic..I'll be seeing you in the air..and personally I dont think you should generalise - get to know the ex ansett people instead of making assumptions - EMPATHISE key word in airlines to what they have been through. Ansett people...realise it is time to close the chapter and move on - be happy and grateful for the experience and start a new book.

There are bad people in every airline and their are brilliant people in every airline - and each to their own. judge the individuals dont stereotype - the ansett people dont want to be old bags and the virgin people dont want to be bimbo's! At the end of the day it is about 2 things primarily which I think everyone has lost sight of. Safety and customer service....do your part and leave the baggage at home. Grow up people.

New adventures await...attitudes need adjusting on all levels.

I'm proud to say I worked for ansett and I am also proud to say I now work for virgin.