PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Instructors, what's up with that?
Old 21st Dec 2009, 16:36
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring your 15 year old into school and tell the Principal that you want them to choose their teacher?........see what the response is
Well when I went into school about my 15 year old who was having a problem with ONE teacher in one particular subject (yes she had more than one teacher - each one taught a different subject and she was doing exceptionally well apart from this one subject), after discussion they changed her to a different class and her progress in that subject went to what it should be.

As far as
They were bad instructors. The CFI / Head of Training was an idiot to permit this severe failure in basic professional standards. This student had 7 instructors who as you say "did not teach".
- If you do not know the instructors,the circumstances or the student then how can you make a proper judgement??? This was widely regarded as a VERY well run school, the particular student had not been chopped and changed - 2 main instructors in the first 40 hours then changing them to try and see if that would help at the end.

I do agree that
Tell me, how does this customer who decides who they fly with pick their first instructor?
, but this is NOT what happened here, the student flew with the Instructor then requested a change - one other thing you seem to ignore is that this may be a bad instructor, even the best schools occasionally end up with one on their books, it may even be a bad school, so the student AND CUSTOMER does have the right to choose both - otherwise you can end up with him giving up.