PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Instructors, what's up with that?
Old 21st Dec 2009, 14:00
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touch and go vs. full stop/ also customer rights

I stand by my statement regarding full stop vs. touch and go landings. If you are flying from a field that is SO busy...simply fly to a less used field for the actual practice. Or get up early at dawn to avoid traffic (often the winds are lighter and easier for the new student to gain a better sense of what he is doing vs. what the wind and turbulence are doing)

You (the basic, pre solo student) are learning landings not touch and goes. One must debrief after each landing and there is not enough time while EXPEDITING A TAKEOFF. This sets up bad habit patterns. Notice the excuse used by one poster...it becomes too expensive.

Certainly practice go arounds and other recovery type maneuvers as well.

AS for using your rights as a customer. It doesn't take a genius to know that if you are not progressing, or feel that your needs are not met that you find a new instructor...make that different instructor.

If you are not recovering from an illness...get a second opinion (from another physician). If your golf score isn't going down with one golf instructor...time to try another (if in good faith you have done your part).

I've often seen the arguments used in this thread by instructors who later change their mind after using my guidelines.

Remember, you are learning to fly in a civilian atmosphere. You are not required to fly against the huns in 10 hours.