PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gippsland Aero sold to Indian company
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2009, 08:07
Fanny Phelan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any RR's Puppadum hate fest

Andy, you are a complete nong. you have obviously spent quite some time pedalling a tri-shaw and no time at all having a look at the actual state and capacity of top end Indian manufacturing. You are ignorant of the reality of the Indian Aerospace industry and their automotive manufacturing as well. i would put them well ahead of Aus and WAAAAAAYYYYY ahead of PAC as far as their (pointy end) aeropsace capability, having actually seen some of it myself. I could give examples but there is little point as you wrong and seemingly happy to make ignorant statements such as some of your previous classics.

Were you bitten by a curry when you were a small child??

As for the other extensive and profound statements regarding obstructionism and lack of support from CASA, EFIC, the state and Federal Goverments, some is true, much is opinion, and badly informed opinion at that, and some of what has been stated here is arrant bullsh!t. Oh how the experts start buzzing around the perceived corpse in no time at all. BA and JT are better informed that most and Sunny has some idea but the vast majority , sorry bushy, including you, are wide of the mark.

The GFC, tight credit, no money for finance of new buyers and a bullsh!t US dollar are good reasons to look for investement, especially when GA was looking to expand into additional world markets, ( do not just read India here), and the need to fund R&D projects (Howard swung an axe through Australian manufacturing R&D, calling it industrial welfare, good one John). Cessna have done their best to kill the airvan off and US trade agreement is no useful agreement at all, another good one John!

GA has built about 150 Airvans and about 50 GA200 cropdusters I think, and most of these aircraft have been exported, Aussie is a small part of their market, they are very good manufacturers of products with proven international demand, they don't just build planes for Kunnunurra and Gove to provide something for Low Time sprog CPLs to complain about having not enough turbine engines and being too slow.

Any way who said the whole thing was going off shore, I didn't see that in the media release, those i know at GA are looking toward the future of the compant with great optimism.

I was a little surprised to see many of the great knockers of Aussie designed and manufactured aircraft( essentially the Airtourer, Nomad and Airvan) are some of the first to put their two cents worth about aussie manufacturing, all of these aircraft faced huge opposition from the locals who individually did their bit to knock, criticise and generally not support these products, and now are banging the gong once again saying what a shame it is, w@ankers, it would be different if even a few of you actually knew what you were talking about, but that has not stopped you previously.

Wait for the next installment, like some of us are are, before you make comment on the facts, that would surely make more sense. as far as i know that's what the boys in Gippsland are doing. You all seem to know more about the rhymes and reasons than anyone who actually works there from what I can find out. (please PM me with the source of your info so I can pass it on, I know some of the blokes would like to get their hands on the real story)

I must say that I have always wondered why indian cars are manufactured with Mirrors or turn signals as they seem completely redundant in their method of driving (makes them such good taxi drivers over here I suppose), but they sure do wear horns out by using them almost non-stop

Incoming!!!......