PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Instructors, what's up with that?
Old 20th Dec 2009, 23:44
gileraguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I regret adding the cowboy boots line....

...as it seems to have distracted things somewhat.

I never said that the boots were the reason I asked for another instructor!

I was debriefed by the CFI after the initial lesson and I commented that I would like to try another IP. I did find one I was comfortable with.

Should I have expected to stay with IP2? or informed of any changes to HIS flying so I could re-arrange things to keep flying with the instructor I felt most at ease with?

My main point was that [my rated associatesfelt that there was something remiss in my training with that organisation, with so many instructors in a short time.

I always thought that you had one IP for ALL your instruction...thats the way it is in most of the autobiographies I have read.

I tend to agree with the following comment:

At a well organised, staffed and standardised organisation, the instruction provided should be consistent regardless of who provides it. Therefore, there should be little to gain (from a quality training point of view) by changing instructors.

so the question is thrown back on to the organisation: I was paying for lessons for, why were my instructors changed on me?

Don't miss the point that I WAS happy with IP2 and felt at ease with him. (at least until we were practicing stalls and he put a bootfull of rudder in and snapped us into a spin, but then again it was an Aerobat we were flying. It still shocked and unnerved me as it was the first spin in the A/C)

well, thats another can of worms opened.... I'll just get me coat...