PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Dec 2009, 18:53
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Romans44
out of touch ************************************************** ******
"And contracts are always being revisited and rewritten. That's life and what is happening here. We would all like the changes to be temporary but sadly I doubt that will be an option in these times. The revenue the company earns is in sharp decline and the costs need to be aligned with the market. BA have looked at all areas and decided what is required and achievable by each area, hence different targets this time around - it is about survival of the fittest and still being in the game in 2011."
TopBunk, your reply really shows,in my opinion, how out of touch you are with what is really going on.
First of all, allow me to tell you that if BA acted properly we would not be hundred of thousand of pounds out of pocket.
Secondly,in my opion, you would not find a single person in the cabin crew comunity who would be opposed to temporary measures to help the company out of this crisis, on the understanding that 'just like the pilots' they are rewarded once the company is in profit again.

But any changes has to be done properly and start from the top, working all the way down to the bottom.
Not a single department should be singled out for any reasons.
The higher earner you are the more your contribution should be.
it should be as simple as that....
lets be united on this and lets show the company that we us pilots and cabin crew can work together and support each other just like we do when onboard an aircraft.
safe flying
The above was your first post in June, nothing more until Dec 18th, now the count is 50+?

BASSA put-up merchant/hardliner or what?

Whatever is the case, you still haven't earned the art of reading and listening.