PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Dec 2009, 18:38
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes that is my recollection of the SH situation - but it doesn't stop the "we need five minutes for a CAT payment/ chocks by xx to stay on our lucrative ZRH n/stop / yy minutes to lose our linked trip" requests from the cabin crew.
As I said, there will always be an optimist on every plane!

What should happen is that the pilots and cabin have the same roster for the 1, 2, 3 or 4 day trip and stay together
There must have been days that you've been grateful that they don't! I know I have! There's an interesting thing with this idea and it explains why BA have stopped asking about fixed links.

According to one of our managers, security and customs do not like the idea of us staying airside between sectors and mingling with passengers, especially if we haven't been screened by LHR originally. In fact we recently had a reminder that outbound crew should not board the a/c while inbound pax are still on-board. It seems they only accept the pilots doing this because its not advertised. When the idea of us going for a meal break airside was raised it was refused. It may be that fixed links will not be an option at T5 without some changes from other agencies.

Last edited by ottergirl; 20th Dec 2009 at 18:42. Reason: common sense