PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Dec 2009, 17:07
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to ask why it is that Eurofleet cabin crew break their areements when it suits them .

(IE) Delays in and out of LHR when going on to a link i see it quite alot .

Asking ops to keep them on some nightstops that are worth good allowances even if they are say five to fifteen minutes out .Oh yes BASSA have given us special dispensation to carry on what a load of .
Ask they may, and I don't doubt many new SCCMs do.

The fact is that they will only ever be kept to an itinerary if it suits Current Ops to do so i.e. they can't re-crew the flight. Usually when you phone to see what the plan is, the deed is already done and the new crew have been called off standby.

Likewise, wanting to lose a link. This will only happen if they can re-crew otherwise you do the link at whatever time you have finished the minimum break. The Cabin crew relationship with Ops is very inflexible which actually makes it fairer. Don't ask for favours, don't expect any and we'll all stick to the rules. That way there can be no accusations of nepotism.

This even extends to running late. It'd be a rare day that we can call to say we're running late and still be on the trip (maybe a DME). There are rarely spare Captains and FOs sitting around on standby so they have to wait for them; there are usually plenty of crew on standby so bye bye trip. So don't be fooled by any optimists who think that by asking they'll buck the system. Ask anyone from Ops and they'll confirm what I have said is true.