PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Dec 2009, 13:53
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by romans44
Hi henkybaby, I see no fault in that.
Yes, I guess we could have just accepted what it was coming our way.
If we did we would probabbly not be in this mess.
But accepting an imposition with no fight would simply open a biger door, surely you must agree with that.
Now you are just playing the victim... I am sure that with proper representation more choices could have been found. The problem is that black and white are always and immediately obvious to anybody. It is finding the grey, seeing alternatives that requires leadership. On both sides.

The only way to do that is to communicate. Listen and learn.

I am going to out on a limb here, but my interpretation is that BA management had put a proposal forward that already safeguarded the wages of the current staff and required them to compromise by working harder and accept that new staff will need to be hired on 'lesser contracts'.

Since the conflict is about BA management implementing their proposal without talking to the cabin crew first (and not about the actual proposal itself!) there is still a chance that the cabin crew can agree the proposed measures are in fact the lesser of all evils. It requires dialog to find out the interests of all parties.

Striking will never make people understand anything, as you must have noticed by now.