PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 23:33
romans44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 4468,
reading your post u don't sound like a nasty piece of work.
I always welcome a debate as long as it is constructive and people don't start offending people.
Yes, you are right. BASSA did walk out on a negotiation, simply because they went to negotiate not to watch a slide show.
We as cabin crew, including our BASSA reps, have to take a mandatory class called ' In touch'. I don't believe you pilots have to do that but the class is all about the state of the industry and the financial state of the airline. BASSA did not need to take the class again as this would simply delay the negotiation process.

Virtually all other staff groups have agreed permanent changes
What departments are you refering to? I have several friends who work on the ground and they have not reached any agreement yet.

I ask you: Would you prefer a permanent 4% pay cut for all
Yes, I personally would . As long as I would get the same share that you will be getting.

As far as the new fleet, let me ask you this.
You were prepared to go on strike because the company wanted to employ pilots in another Country.
How would you feel if the company tomorrow told you they needed to save more money and the only way to do it would be the create a new fleet of pilots based at Heathrow under a different seniority list and T&C?
Can you honestly say that BALPA would simply say, sure not problem?

Start to think about how new joiners could be employed on rates of pay that are more realistic, without threatening your incomes. It must be possible
Would you feel the same if the company started employing new pilots on a more realistic rate?

Of course, in order to do that, your representatives have to be at the table. You know as well as I do, that it was BASSA that decided 'no negotiation' was their policy. Was that your choice? I understand there was a show of hands
It takes two to tango. You can not negotiate when you have no one to negotiate with. Did you know that the talks were suspended soon after the judge decision? and this time it wasn't BASSA that walked away.
Let's us talk without pre-condition or prejudice, and see were we can get?
Maybe we can start something here
Totally agree with you on this one? but I think it is not CC you need to tell that.