PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 22:58
A Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I genuinely have many friends who are pilots like yourself - and in all honesty the vast majority have sympathy with what has gone on - on this forum you tend to get extremes - in fact when you look at this rationally - on here you get some pilots who quite clearly have a lot of anger and venom to spit out against Cabin Crew, exactly the same as BASSA or CF against Pilots or BA etc

You have Glamgirl, Tiramisu and Hiflyer14 who put across their point - one might say at another extreme to some of their Cabin Crew colleagues - however they have a passion and genuine belief in what they are saying - however that is life and they, or we on the other side of the fence, should all be able to have a balanced point of view and be able to put that across - what tends to happen though is that emotions get in the way and it all goes a bit 'Pete Tong'.

I genuinely believe that Flight Crew colleagues earn their worth, because that is the contract they where offered. Similarly I believe that Cabin Crew earn their worth because that is the contract they where offered - where it goes wrong is a management who are totally out of touch with their workforce and who have utterly failed to engage their employees in the needs of the business - listen to the political commentators out there and they now are saying to a man that British Airways is failing spectacularly in its Industrial/Employee relationships