PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 22:52
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AtlasDrawer

I'm sorry but just about every single crew member I have spoken to is adamant that the strike is about New fleet. I have tried to tell them its about the 'IMPOSITION' but I am really not getting anywhere.

I have even had one person say to me ' But if we don't win this strike Willy Walsh is going to bring in all these eastern europeans to do our jobs for half the price and I know its true cos they (BA) did a huge recruitment drive in eastern europe to replace us'. I have tried to reason with crew and say you can't go on strike about something that has not happened yet. But I am really not getting anywhere.

In my experience of talking to people, just about all crew think this is about the New Fleet'.
romans44,
Forgive me but I know you can't strike for something that doesn't exist, that's what I try and explain to crew all the time.
And there you have it, from AtlasDrawer as well. That's exactly what I hear all the time. Why would I make it up?
What the crew do say is 'we're striking about New Fleet but we have to say "imposition" because that's what BASSA told us to say'. This was only on my flight on Friday!
As for salary increments that's part of our pay. It's contractual in most jobs.
How can you compare the salary of WW to that of the Easy Jet CEO?

I'm BA Cabin Crew and the above are my personal views and not those of my employer's.