PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 21:30
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alurker

I agree with you. Not enough staff to achieve optimal customer service. Not enough money to hire more staff or even maintain current staffing levels. You have identified the problem.

There is nobody to blame for that. The causes are outside of the control of the company. Did BA management make wrong choices that have cost the company money? Possibly. They're not evil though, they're human. Management is not a science, it is a guessing game.

But - again - you have identified the problem clearly.

Now we need to find a way to increase staffing or service levels with the same amount of money. Further increasing the revenue* looks out of the question right now as I'm sure you'll agree.

I think us passengers have accepted already that we should be expecting 'crisis service levels' and a partial degradation of the product for at least a couple of years.

Regards,
Henk

* EDIT: Remember that even the passengers have contributed to the solution. We are now paying for seat assignments for instance. Some 60.000 of us (if my numbers are correct) already contributed tens of pounds per sector for something that was free before.

Last edited by henkybaby; 19th Dec 2009 at 21:51.