PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 18:37
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexandraa, ref post 6304, I agree with single nightstops on longhaul would be very tiring, the reason I put it on there was just that BA/BASSA should look at virtually every part of each agreement that could be changed, put a cost tag on it then pick and choose JUST A FEW in each to make the required savings, not all as that would probably be like a £500m saving! I would agree with you they would be probably the least favourable saving - I'm on eurofleet but I could just imagine! 10 hours with 1 night off then 10 hours again across loads of different time zones yuk! Didn't Virgin trial it not so long ago, or go to but found it didn't work??

Longhaul crew in fairness if we believe the figures reach 900hours quickly anyway so having single nighstops on LAX, SFO would probably exacerbate that so probably would cost the company more to have crew grounded all the time! They would need more crew! I think BA have stated longhaul crew are productive in normal operations but not in disruption and shorthaul crew are not productive normally but are in disruption! So maybe as you said shorthaul might have to make most productivity savings as it's true as a full timer I have reached around 640-650 hours in 12 months, I would be more than willing to get rid of sitting there for hours inbetween trips in the CRC and just get on with the flights! Get home quicker!!! As long as we had a reasonable break at some point which was in line with working time directives - but to sometimes have 3 hours CRC change aircraft, which can be a nuisance especially when you are delayed and lose the next part of your trip - sector of a double!!

So, they are re-ballotting are they??? Well I voted No last time and will Vote No this time! I don't think they will get as high a Yes this time although I still won't be surprised a majority Yes as there are still many people angry at BA ''just remove the imposition and we'll be fine'' - BASSA had many warnings of imposition and BA left it 3 or 4 months after the deadline before imposing, it's just BASSA doesn't seem to be used to this business as they have had far too long being used to controlling BA by the sounds of it!! Air travel is not the same as it was 35 years ago I'm afraid!!

Before a militant jumps on my back - I do NOT want to be shafted, work in slave labour for half the pay blah blah - but just answer this if you are going to say ''BA will give us a 30% paycut and longer days'' - where have they stated WE will have this?? Thanks (I'm sure many people will love to hear the answer if you provide one as they have been asking for months!!!